Your home is your little haven. It’s the place where you relax, spend time with your loved ones, and allow yourself to just be you. That’s why your home must agree with your needs and goals. Luckily, today more than ever before, you get to upgrade your home to suit all your needs. This is thanks to smart home technologies that have appeared in the last couple of years.
So, if you’re looking for ideas on how to make your house smarter, we’ve got you covered. We’ve put together a list of 10 most interesting smart home technologies you should consider using in your home.
Let’s break it down together and see what it’s all about.
1. Smart Control with Echo Dot (3rd Generation)
When you’re thinking about making your house smarter, you should kick it off with a smart speaker.
One of the best smart speakers you can find today is the Echo Dot smart speaker that brings Alexa to any corner of your home.
You’ll be able to use this smart speaker to:
- play music
- ask Alexa to answer questions
- set alarms
- control other smart devices
- make calls
On top of it all, it comes in a beautiful design that will blend in any interior and fit any space just right.
This little speaker will make your life so much easier and allow you to get more things done in less time.
2. Smart Lighting with Philips Hue
Let’s continue our list with some amazing smart lighting technologies you’ll want to have in your home as soon as you finish reading.
The Philips Hue smart lighting line is the perfect choice for taking full control over the atmosphere and ambiance of your home, at any given moment.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- light bulbs that change color and light intensity
- compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- voice control
- the White and Color Ambiance package
- personalized lighting experience
That means that you get to use your smartphone or voice assistant such as Alexa and Siri, to control the lighting of your home. You’ll decide on the light colors, intensity, and brightness.
3. Smart Security with Ring Video Doorbell Pro
If you’re looking for a way to make your home more secure and make your life a bit more convenient, this doorbell is for you.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro system requires you to have an initial doorbell wiring. Once you connect the device to it, you’ll be able to:
- monitor your door entrance via camera
- speak to people at your door using a phone, tablet, or an Echo device
- receive notifications of the activities at your front door
- receive HD video
To put it simply, you’ll control your home entrance completely hands-free. All you have to say is “Alexa, talk to the front door”.
You’ll be able to monitor your home and learn when someone rings the doorbell, even when you’re not home. Also, it requires no charging since it’s wired to your existing doorbell system.
4. Smart Electronic Devices Control with Kasa Smart Plug Mini by TP-Link
You can turn any electronic device into a smart device, using this smart plug. The smart plug comes with the following features:
- compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- you can control it remotely from your smartphone
- you can schedule it to turn devices on and off to save energy
Take full control over your devices, even when you’re not home.
5. Smart Heating & Cooling with Ecobee SmartThermostat
If you want your house to be perfectly heated or cooled, you should consider getting a smart thermostat. One of the best smart thermostats out there is definitely the ecobee Smart Thermostat.
Here’s what makes it so good:
- control it by voice, smartphone, smartwatch, tablet, laptop, etc.
- it comes with a smart sensor you can place in different rooms to adjust temperatures accordingly
- reduce energy and save money
- integrate with Google Assistant, Apple Home Kit, Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, and IFTTT
You’ll save money on bills and you’ll be able to create the perfect atmosphere in your home.
6. Smart Cooking with Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker
If you’re a fan of sous vide cooking, that is cooking under vacuum, you’ll love this kitchen gadget.
The Anova Precision Cooker will help you cook the perfect sous vide meals, whether it’s vegetables, meat, fruit, cheese, or something else.
It comes with:
- Wi-Fi connection
- a timer
- precise temperature control
It’ll send you notifications if you’re out of the kitchen and make it easy for you to multitask during cooking. You can use thewordpoint to translate gourmet recipes and not worry about the pot you’ve got on the stove.
7. Smart Vacuuming with iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
If only our grandmothers had this technology 50 years ago!
Your smart home needs this little assistant to keep it clean and tidy.
- Alexa and Google Assistant compatible
- able to clean any dust, dirt, or hair
- able to recharge and continue working
The only thing it can’t do is climb the stairs. But, it’s got the rest covered.
8. Smart Showering with Moxie Showerhead and Wireless Speaker
Now, this is a truly hedonistic bathroom gadget that’s perfect for those of you who want to bring music into your bathrooms.
The Moxie showerhead is a smart showerhead with a wireless speaker. It allows you to:
- connect to any device that has Bluetooth and is up to 33 feet away
- listen to music, news, radio, or personalized playlists
- remove the speaker easily to recharge
It comes in different colors to match any décor and design.
9. Smart Diffusing with Aera Smart Fragrance Electric Diffuser
If you want your home to smell great at all times, you can get a smart scent device. The Aera Smart Fragrance Electric Diffuser might just be the best choice for you and here’s why:
- you can create a scent schedule via Wi-Fi using the Aera App or Amazon Alexa
- adjust the scent intensity 1-10
- works in spaces up to 1000 sq. ft.
- 100% ethically sourced fragrance and essential oils
- safe for kids and pets
All you have to do is choose the scent capsule and set the diffuser to fit your home’s needs.
10. Smart Wi-Fi with Google Nest WiFi Router
Here’s the deal. If you want your house to be super-smart, you need extra strong Wi-Fi.
All the devices and energy drainage might weaken your current Wi-Fi system and disable you from enjoying all the little gadgets you’ve got going on.
Here’s what you’ll get with the Google Nest WiFi Router:
- entire home Wi-Fi coverage
- fast Wi-Fi
- device prioritizing
- parental control
It’s a lifesaver for all you smart home enthusiasts who simply need a better Wi-Fi system.
Making your home smarter has never been easier. Naturally, it would be a bit pricy to get all the smart devices and gadgets we’ve listed, but you can treat yourself with a few of them.
Choose the ones you like and need the most, and you’ll give your home a breath of fresh air.
Erica Sunarjo got her start as a freelance writer for a number of online companies – e-commerce and writing services, including Best Writers Online.. In her spare time, she works with animal rescue organizations and keeps up her musical talent as a keyboardist with a local band.