Red bedroom – When it comes to the color of red, many tend to associate it with love. Besides romance, this color is also considered to represent power and dominance. However, this bold energy does not necessarily make many consider a red bedroom as a quick option.
Instead of playing safe by choosing monochromatic style or neutral colors, having your own red bedroom is actually doable.
Table of Contents
1. The Patternplay, Red Bedroom
Having a red bedroom idea does not always mean it has to look striking, bold, or full. This Parisian small bedroom relies on patternplay. A nice combination of red and white in almost everywhere, the natural light from outside the window gives an illusion of more space in the room.
– The backdrop is classic and simple, which makes the bedroom look bigger.
– The bedroom is strategically placed on one side of the room, so it leaves more space.
– There are too many furniture pieces in this very small bedroom.
– The lamp seems a bit out of place, both by design and color.
2. The Trendy Red Bedroom with The Club Chair
For this red bedroom in the apartment, the trendy look can be seen from the bright shade of red on the wall. The furniture pieces, from the bed, the kitchen island, the white table and chairs under a flat TV screen to the red club chair, also make the room look even trendier.
– The artistic-looking black-and-white picture hanging on the wall and the giant mirror make a nice contrast to the red wall.
– The red chair looks nice with the shame shade as the wall.
– For a studio apartment, there are still too many furniture pieces in this bedroom.
– The dried plants by the window really need to go, because they might block your space and are not too nice to look at.
3. The Fun Graphic on The Wall
Whether your kid is a future scholar or artist, this red bedroom idea might appeal to them. With a bold red carpet and a map of the same shade on the white wall, you can balance them with shades of blue on the chair and the bedcover. Your kid might be interested to become a scholar, a traveller, or perhaps a Marvel superhero.
– The painting of the map on the wall and the carpet are definitely the focal points of this bedroom.
– This room looks much simpler with less furniture pieces and a tidy arrangement.
– For a children’s bedroom, the blue chair looks a little too stiff and old. For something more playful, change it with a blue bean bag.
– Add a small book shelf on one corner, so the bedroom looks more scholarly-like for kids.
4. The Mid Century Charm, Red Bedroom
This mid-century charm influence makes this red bedroom look much softer, with a dark red (or maroon) wall behind the bed. The three black-and-white sketches on frames and hanging on the wall make the wall look less vacant. Just a few shades brighter is the large orange lining on the bedcover.
– The slightly gloomy effect is reduced by more natural light coming into more windows.
– The grey carpet with a bean bag with the same shade on the opposite corner of the bed can be another lounging spot.
– The black chair looks rather out of place in the room. Having less furniture pieces is a good thing, but this still needs a little bit more to fill the space.
– For example: more carpeting.
5. The Royal Accents In The Red Bedroom
If red is the color to die for, do not hesitate to use some more. Add some serious royal accents into your red bedroom. This one is inspired by a Qing Dynasty wedding bedroom. Strategically-placed in one corner (to emphasise on ‘privacy’),the bed is surrounded by ultra-detailed red and gold pattern on the wall.
– For anyone looking for authentic Oriental-look, this bedroom is definitely for you.
– No need to add some more designs nor furniture pieces.
– The bed may look a little bit too small for those who are not on the petite side.
– The bedding and the pillows look rather bland and need to be well-matched with the entire design.
6. The Gorgeous Red Bedroom
What makes this red bedroom look so gorgeous? The cottage style is the choice here. You only need to combine dark red and white, with a soft brown carpeting on the floor. The dark red wall makes a nice backdrop, along with red patterned pillows on a white bed and a red rattan chair.
– The bed is placed evenly in the middle, with its head touching the red wall.
– To add more natural light into the room, the windows are closed with white lace curtains.
– The greyish blue wooden chair looks a little bit out of place and definitely mismatched in the room.
– You might need to hang a little something above the bed on the red wall, so the space there will not look too vacant.
7. The Bed Nook for Your Kid
If you have a vacant attic, a bed nook for your kid (or perhaps a teenage child) might be perfect. An understated wallpaper will enliven and enhance this red bedroom. No worries, it will not make the room look smaller. The nook will look even better with the striking red frame and a matching bookshelf.
– Since the attic must be smaller than the usual bedroom, it is nice not to add too many furniture pieces there.
– Another set of drawers under your bed makes a nice addition to keep some stuff you wish to keep.
– Since the ceiling is rather low, some patterns might cause you dizziness, so be careful with the choice of patterns and the shade of red.
– A small, functional coffee table is much better than just a bedside table. You can use one for both functions.
No, we are not talking about bikers in terms of leather-stud dudes in Harley Davidsons. For a bicycle athlete, you can show your love for your favourite sport with this red bedroom design. The red wall looks striking and in contrast with the statement pattern on white design in the middle.
– Red, white, black, and rainbow checkered pattern (on the curtains) make a nice, sort of retro combination.
– A pair of matching black bedside tables with matching grey lamps are enough for more furniture pieces.
The abstract paintings may be well-intended to match the rainbow checkered pattern on the curtains. However, the result is the opposite. One of them needs to go, so make up your mind and choose.
9. The 19th Century Oasis
A bedroom should be your ‘oasis of calm’. With this idea, the calming yellow wallpaper softens the bold, striking red bedding and lamp. The white pillows and bedsheets also have matching red linings, so they go together with the bedding. An abstract painting on the wall makes the wall look less vacant.
– If you are into the 19th century looks, then this is definitely your kind of bedroom.
– The bedside lamp is securely attached to the wall, so no worries about knocking it down by accident.
– The abstract painting definitely needs to go. The wallpaper is already colorful enough.
– Since the room is very small, no need to add more decorational stuff on the bedside table.
10. The Yellow and Red, Eclectic Bedroom
A unique blend of yellow and red makes this bedroom look more eclectic. With one red wall behind the bed (and with the window in the central part of the wall) and two yellow walls facing each other, the cross-color combination by the lighting in the middle of this room is a warm glow of orange.
– Besides the matching furniture pieces and decor, the bed and the floor are perfect in neutral color.
– The bed also looks comfortable.
– Because of the cross-color combination, you cannot really call it a pure red bedroom.
– There are too many white, fat candles on one bedside table.
11. The Deep, Muted Reds
If you feel that most shades of red are too striking for your taste, here is an idea: deep, muted reds. By choosing the softer shade of red and the appropriate decoration, you will get a red bedroom that will not look and feel like you are inside a chili. This gives you a much more, calming atmosphere.
– This is the bedroom idea where you can have a red domination without feeling too overwhelmed at the same time.
– The rubik-like patterns look interesting and unique.
– Between the rubik-like patterns to the faint statetment one on the wall, you need to choose one to reduce the “hectic” look.
– Since the room seems small, do not put too many furniture pieces.
– The faux-fur bedcover also looks slightly out of place.
12. The Elegant Red Bedroom
For an elegant look in your red bedroom idea, this room is one of the great options. Although this still uses the same, red-and-white combination, the lining and arrangement are smooth and in order. The white-and-red bedding matches the white wall with the window and a painting on it.
– The red pattern pillow makes a nice distraction.
– The bedside table also functions as a wardrobe. It saves space.
– There are too many stuff on top of the bedside table.
– The painting looks better if it is hung on the wall, so the wall will not look too vacant.
13. The Traditional Bed with A Red Statement Headboard
This traditional, Indian style bedroom looks unique with its red, statement headboard. This look is also combined with modern, eclectic design. The pink elephant on the pillow is a perfect match to the statement headboard. Another thing is the statement pattern on another pillow. This really represents Indian style – classic and modern.
With this red, statement headboard, you do not need to add some more unique designs around the bedroom.
The bed’s statement headboard is pulled against the bedroom window. Although you do not have to face the sun directly in the morning, you may not be able to sleep well if somebody makes a noise outside.
14. Another Trendy, Modern Red Bedroom
Here is another trendy, modern-looking red bedroom design. With a wooden pallet ceiling, red wall with wooden lining and some statement patterns on some space, matching red twin beds, a black-and-white fingerprint patterned glass door, and a rainbow-colored, patterned carpeting, you will feel like you are in a gallery instead.
– If you are the hippy, artistic type, this room is definitely for you.
– The twin beds show that you can share it with your sibling or best friend.
– If you are more into neutral or solid colors, too much combination like this may overwhelm you.
– If you would like the room all to yourself, you might want to lose the other bed.
– This bedroom does not feel homey enough and looks more like a hotel bedroom.
15. The Rosy Red Romantic Bedroom
For a romantic mood, this rosy red bedroom may be perfect for you. By incorporating bold red velvet pillows and matching floral red bedcover, you will get a slutry vibe and rekindle the fire that once grew dim. Add the whole thing up with deep chocolate brown walls, then the mood is set back in motion.
The bed and the wall look just perfect. Do not forget to change the red flowers by the bedside table with the fresh ones when it is time.
If the lighting is not of the right brightness, the romantic mood might be gone or it may get too dark.
So, which red bedroom ideas that inspire you? Hope one of these idea suits you!