Living room curtain ideas – Curtain is significant. Whether to block the amount of natural light or to be the part of room décor, curtain is definitely necessary. Depart from such facts this article will discuss 17 living room curtain ideas.
If you’re in the middle of looking for some references regarding the matter, some pros and cons are tagged along in each point to help you take things into consideration.
Well, check out the list below to get inspired!
1. Fruit Inspired Living Room Curtain Ideas
Let’s examine this bright curtain. It takes the most fundamental heading of rod pocket, or mostly known as pole pocket. It is when the fabric produces a pocket by turning back the topmost part of where the rod fits through.
The color fusion of red and green from the curtain remind us of the most wanted fruit during hot summer, a watermelon! It gets the inspiration from there, ladies and gentlemen! This curtain is so well fitted with the green walls and lamp shade.
The lively and grotesque curtain made from thick fabric is ideal to work both ways, clouded the space and cool it off.[/su_note]
– It doesn’t feel right to be there, next to the patterned table lamp, couch, chair, and rug. They’re just too much and confusing.
– Though decorative, the rod pocket heading style is not functional in particular. It is because of the trouble you could get from sliding it along the railing.[/su_note]
2. Almost-Matching Living Room Curtain Ideas
This living room curtain has pattern that is nearly matching to the one from the shades. They share similar tone and vertical lines, but the details don’t exactly the same. Say, for example, the materials they are made of. While the shades look weighty and intended to block sunlight, the curtains stay flimsy and windy.
The patterns from curtain and shades tone down the room’s strong impression caused by the other fabrics’ design.[/su_note]
The framed abstract painting placed between the shades and curtain loses its purpose as the table lamp block it from being viewed.[/su_note]
3. Technicolor Geometrics for Living Room Curtain Ideas
This living room has a nice nuance created by black, yellow, and red found in the accents, as well as white to be the main tone. And the curtains selection maintains such goodness. They have yellow, red and black geometric print over white background. It’s just they add a little bit of blue into the mix within their motif.
– With these colorings, it’s as if you display pay dirt all over the place.
– The pure white scheme makes the space feels clean all the time.[/su_note]
The pair of curtain uses track mounted right at the corner where the wall and ceiling meets, which encounter you a problem in the assembling process.[/su_note]
4. Red Striped Living Room Curtain Ideas
A pair of cheery red curtains is needed to enliven this living room we have in the image. Such modern accents help in eliminating the dull effect shabby almost creates. On top of that, they come in vertical stripes which establish a feel of higher ceiling and larger space.
That pinch pleat curtain heading style is simple yet elegant.[/su_note]
That kind of pleat only suits traditional living room.[/su_note]
5. Airy Living Room Curtain Ideas
Let’s observe this beige curtain set. It uses pelmet to hide the hanging system, so you can’t tell whether it hangs on the curtain rod or track. The curtain sets airy ambience caused by the breathy and diaphanous design. Such vibe is appropriately seen hanging around a glass chair and the Italian cocktail table from the 1970s.
Pelmet makes it looks more feminine and graceful.[/su_note]
Such drapery could block the light but couldn’t double to cover the inside view, making the room less private.[/su_note]
6. Rustic Living Room Curtain Ideas
For a rustic living room like this one, pencil pleat curtain in dark tone accentuate well. The decorations hint us that this living space’s photograph is captured during winter when black patterned curtain does its function. It gives the impression of warming up the cold atmosphere within the living area when it snows outside.
The curtain features the stylishly trimmed windows.[/su_note]
– Pencil pleat heading style on curtain erodes fast and thus needs regular maintenance to the extent of pleats adjusting.
– As you need to adjust the pleats once in a while, pencil pleat curtain requires more budgets on the way.[/su_note]
7. Grey Living Room Curtain Ideas
You see grey curtains lining up in this unique home concept. Each and every room inside this house has natural stone barrier to mark the space. Interestingly, the barriers come in grey as well, make some harmony which pleasant to see. Joining the grey shades, white could do as much as to create monochromatic color hue.
That patterned rugs below are in accordance with the full-scale scheme, just right to flesh out the scene.[/su_note]
Semi open concept is a little bit confusing. You couldn’t tell whether you get the privacy you need in a certain space.[/su_note]
[su_box title=”Read more popular ideas about living rooms” box_color=”#020202″]
- Living room wall decor
- Living room apartment ideas
- Living room lighting
- Living room paint
- Midcentury modern plant stands[/su_box]
8. Tan and English Living Room Curtain Ideas
For the English style living room, curtain in a neutral tone is the best suggestion. As royal blue shade and vintage furnishings might involved, it is best to have neutral curtains to go in between the contrasting room elements. The living room in the photo is no exception.
It spreads the English elegance here and there by covering the chairs in fabric and installing such a grand light fixture.
A blending of neutral plain curtains and colorful patterned furnishings is faultless. Neither the former nor the latter overwhelm the other.[/su_note]
Some people might find neutral curtains dull.[/su_note]
9. Quadrille for Living Room Curtain Ideas
This living room gives away strong impression caused by the application of bold turquoise on the walls, bookcases, and a couch over there. To tone down such vibe, plain solid colored sofa and a pop of yellow from the table lamp is presented.
But the highlight is that patterned curtains in quadrille fabric. Based in neutral color, the curtains soothe the atmosphere. They use rings which ease you in removing and replacing the curtains.
The existence of shutters as the window treatment helps you in maintaining the privacy.[/su_note]
– The downside of curtain rings is they expose the rod which is bothersome for some people.
– A problem of broken rings also might appear in regularly used curtains’ case.[/su_note]
10. Effortless White Living Room Curtain Ideas
If you have a nice view right outside your living room, some nice white curtains are the best decision. Moreover with large windows interior design to see the scenery through, those breathy curtains are needed even more. Use a pelmet curtain heading style to conceal whatever hanging system you choose, be it a rod or track.
– The use of timber pelmet finished in white color creates modern edge.
– White curtains are timeless. They wouldn’t ever go out of styles.[/su_note]
White curtains tend to be boring after some times.[/su_note]
11. Mustard Yellow Living Room Curtain Ideas
A mostly cream living room needs something like mustard yellow to give an entertaining view. Have it colored your curtains and you would let out nothing but ‘wow’. For some bonus points, present quartet of mirrors to be your living room wall décor and place them above your Louis XVI fireplace mantel.
A little of green from the plant above the artsy table adds interest.[/su_note]
Block outs should be used to perfect any bright toned curtains.[/su_note]
12. Neat Blue Living Room Curtain Ideas
The atmosphere felt in that blue tinted living room over there is calming. Embellished by the curtains in neat blue shade, the living room becomes a perfect spot to entertain your guests. Or you could say that the curtains are the room’s feature. Apart from being a suave place, such living room would be a very nice welcome when you’re home.
The usage of curtains set with the rod and rings are in a well combination to the shutters treatment window.[/su_note]
It seems there are so much going on with various patterns and accents from the couches and the rug.[/su_note]
13. Creamy White Living Room Curtain Ideas
This living room uses two layers of curtains. A block out is set as the inner layer, while that grey and white, or known as creamy white, curtains becomes the outer layer. Since the outer curtain comes in light tone, their ability to block the inside views to provide some privacy is doubtful. And that’s where a block out takes its role.
Someone who arranges the chandelier along with those rustic chairs and that marble table has done a great job. They’re so compatible together.[/su_note]
This all-white makeover gives away pale nuance and that’s not good.[/su_note]
14. Breezy Coastal Living Room Curtain Ideas
See-through curtains might be the perfect fit for your coastal living room. Despite the fact that they might not be able to limit the access of strong natural light optimally, they do a terrific job in giving a breezier environment to the whole room. After all, coastal living is all about sunlight exposure, isn’t it?
Pops of yellow and blue removes the possible tediousness of a white living room. And so does the patterned seat over there.[/su_note]
Being too white could be a troublesome, too. You could easily spot at any stain happening[/su_note].
15. Neutral with Stripes for Living Room Curtain Ideas
The red striped curtains you have on previous example are intended to enliven the living room’s atmosphere with their cheery image. While these neutral striped curtains you have here aim to be some delicate accents within the room. As the furnishings are already catchy, there’s no need to draw more attention with colored curtains. It’s rather perfect this way.
– Without the neutral-toned curtains, this living area could be overwhelmingly unbalanced with so many clashed patterns going on.
– It’s a good thing to have the curtains in similar color with the walls and the sconces.[/su_note]
– Neutral toned curtains might not entertain you anymore after some time.
– They emit a pale vibe to the room.[/su_note]
16. Lavish Purple Living Room Curtain Ideas
This living room gets its romantic and cool vibe from those purple curtains. They have the prettiest tone of the eggplant shade. The curtains stretch down elegantly, thanks to the soft velvet fabric and stylish design. Surprisingly, the shining yellow table in the middle matches the eggplant purple curtain and sofas so much. Where could anyone find such extraordinary table?
– Purple curtains specifically conceal dust and dirt. They’re good to pick for regularly visited living room.
– They do the best job against white walls.[/su_note]
With purple curtains, you have to pay more attention to the sunlight, as it might fade away the color of your sun shade.[/su_note]
17. Cream and Blue Dance for Living Room Curtain Ideas
In a bright and large living room with several big windows, a little bit of deep color is needed. In terms of cream, you need something with strong passion to balance the full-scale scheme. And blue is more than enough to do it.
For dull cream curtains that come in a highly thick fabric, blue does a wonderful job as patterns. Together they accentuate other items in the room and shine the entire space.
– Those beautiful blue patterns make the cream curtains stand out.
– The combination of solid furniture and patterned curtain is so terrific. No other main items make a fuss with any pattern whatsoever.[/su_note]
Light-toned curtains are more highly likely difficult to conceal any dust, stains, or dirt. So they’re not recommended to use in a high traffic living room.[/su_note]
There, you have all of the living room curtain ideas. Hopefully, the main points discussed here come in handy for you in selecting which curtain suit best in your living room. Adjust each idea to your needs and preferences, and a great result will come out. Last words, thank you for reading and have a nice day!
[su_box title=”References :”]-https://www.elledecor.com/design-decorate/room-ideas/g185/window-dressing-61293/?slide=49