Green bedroom ideas – When it comes to designing bedrooms, many prefer playing safe by choosing the most-applied colors. Only those willing to think outside the box prefer bolder colors, especially with these green bedroom ideas. So, what is your idea for your own green bedroom? Let’s check these ideas below.
The Stripey, Lime Green Bedroom Wall
Having a green bedroom idea does not always mean having everything green in it. You can maximise the walls as the focal point. Stripes for a pattern, you can play with different shades of green and different stripe sizes. Choose matching pillows, bedcover, and a painting hanging on the wall with the same shade.
– You can either have the wall painted or use a wallpaper instead.
– For matching pillows, choose one shade of green or with the same stripes as the wall. These bright green shades lighten up the room.
– The different shades of green and stripe sizes might be too much for some pairs of eyes. They can make you feel dizzy just by looking at them.
– Some shades of green are hard to find, which also means costing you more
The Army Dark Green Wall for Your Bedroom
The bed frame is simple and minimalist. This is an idea for a modern-looking, green bedroom. Since the main focus here is simplicity, the wall is still painted with a unique color, which is an army dark green. With three Western-themed portraits, this bedroom gives more of a masculine trait.
– The arrangement is really simple and you will not have to fuss a lot.
– If it is not enough, a dark green bedcover will accentuate the room even better.
– The army dark green wall might make the room look darker too. You will need a proper lighting in the room.
– If you are into something with more patterns, you may not choose this one.
When You Have (Almost) Everything In Green
You would like to have your green bedroom with everything green in it. You can play with different shades and motifs for a better variety, just like this bedroom. With a turquoise green wall around your room, choose some pillows with the matching shade and some other pillows and bedcover with a green plant motif on them.
– Different shades of green like this make a nice variety to look at.
– The live plants inside give a sense of nature in the bedroom.
– To have live plants inside your bedroom may not be a good idea. At night, they release carbondioxyde instead of oxygen.
– The lighting may look nice, but it is hanging too low. You might bump your head against it by accident.
The Green Bedroom with The Floral Design
Is it possible to also get girly with your green bedroom? Floral design is the answer. You only have green curtains and a couple of ottomans with the matching shade. The floral design can be used for a couple of pillows by the couch and the lamp. It gives the bedroom a more retro-look, like back in the 60’s.
– This bedroom is unique, edgy, and a nice combination between retro and modern looks.
– The white wall, the off-white bedding, and the wooden floor help to avoid the room from looking a little bit ‘too green’.
– The floral design looks oldish if this is for a teenage girl’s bedroom.
– With the addition of two ottomans and a couch, the room is too small for them.
The All-Green Bed for A Room with More Windows and Glass Doors
Your green bedroom probably has more large windows and a glass door, especially to let more light in. It is even better if they show you a view of a backyard garden or at least a pond, or a swimming pool instead. Since that is the case, you prefer an all-green bed (pillows, bedding, and frames) for this.
Choosing a bed like this will not be difficult. You can combine the greens a little, like faded striped greens on the pillows and the bedding and pattern-less green on the bed frame.
– The shade of this green is too dark and the combination is rather bland. A white mattress might reduce its blandness.
– The pattern of the carpet is a mismatch to the bed.
The Velvet Green Pillows and Blanket
Choosing the right elements for your green bedroom is not just about the right shades and the size of some things. It is also the materials used. These pillows and bedcover are made of velvet, which make the green look darker. With the dark, greyish green wall, the combination is pretty well-matched up.
Velvet is nice and soft to the touch. It is also warm, especially during winter. Its dark green still looks striking, which can be the focal point of the bedroom.
Be careful when you clean the velvet material. If it is wet too long, it might attract mold. Unless really necessary, just dust it off to clean it up.
The Serene, Monochromatic Green Bedroom
This is another (almost) all-green bedroom. Serene and monochromatic, this bedroom has a matching shade of green on the wall, the bedcover, and the pillow. The bedsheets are white and so is the ceiling. The floor is carpeted in brown, while the other furniture pieces are made of well-finished brown wood.
– With a pair of large windows to let more light in, this room already looks bright enough.
– The cute, built-in, twin-squared shelves and the hanging pictures on the wall fill the room with more variety and uniqueness.
– Since the bedroom is big, the minimal amount of other furniture pieces (the bedside table and the cupboard) makes it look rather bland on one spot.
– A little green spread on the floor might do the trick if you already like the vast empty space.
The Futuristic-Looking Green Bedroom
Feeling like something more futuristic, like a scene in your favourite sci-fi movie? This green bedroom will probably inspire you to have one of your own. With the greyish green wall and curtains, sparkling green patterned pillows, and a grey bedcover, imagine that this is the bedroom in a spaceship.
– The futuristic theme also means simplicity, which can be seen from only two additional furniture pieces: a pair of bedside table on each side.
– The picture of a shelf full of books above your bed also makes the wall look less vacant.
The glass door (made of Venetian blind) is heavier than a regular wooden door.
Instead of a picture of a bookshelf, why not create an actual one above your bed? It is also a bit of a mismatch to the whole theme. A laptop screen somewhere looks much more suitable.
The Dark But Striking Green Wall and The Plastic Plants
There is another simple way to design your green bedroom without too much green in it. Choose this dark but striking green for your wall, plus a plastic plant to accentuate your room. If you still want to add more green (although perhaps lighter shades are better) in other parts or not, it is your choice.
Nothing beats this kind of green on the wall. Not only the shade is really unique, it is enough for a statement that this is your green room.
To some people, this striking, dark green might hurt their eyes. It is also quite tricky to find matching colors to this one, unless with other, much lighter shades of green.
The White and Neon Green Bedroom with The Skylight
There is another shade of green that can be used to design your green bedroom. This one uses the combination of plain white on the wall and neon green in some parts of the room. For examples: the lower part of the wall, the outline between the wall and the ceiling, the inner bookshelves, and an upper third of the window.
– Besides the neon green color, the skylight also helps to let more light in. This saves electricity at home.
– There are not too many furniture pieces here, so there is plenty of space to move around the room.
– Although the arrangement is neat, there is no sense of home-like aura in the bedroom. This looks more like a hotel room.
– The white, low table in the centre of the room also looks rather lonely and pointless.
Perfectly combined with brown (from the well-stained wooden wall to the green-and-brown printed pillows and matching bedcover), this green bedroom shows elegance and a sense of being down-to-earth. A glass door leading to the back garden makes it even better.
For a more modern touch, the hanging small lights on each side of bed and another two at the entrance do the trick. The earth-tone also gives a sense of something ancient and magnetic.
– The hanging lights on each side of bed look rather fragile and easy to break. This is definitely not a room for little kids.
– Also, this bedroom looks more like a hotel room instead of a homey kind.
The White and Green Contemporary Bedroom
The avocado green is only for the wall, while the white is for the outline of each window and doors – and also the bed. Since the bed is also facing an open garden, the view will be a treat to your eyes daily.
– The color combo is simple and nice to look at, because it makes the room look and feel fresh.
– The white lace curtains make a nice addition to the room.
– From the door, you can simply exit right to the large backyard or garden.
– Despite the juicy avocado green, the white bedcover might need a lot work when it gets dirty.
– The number of windows make the room a little bit too exposed to the outside world. Change or add thicker materials for the curtains for more privacy.
The Warm, Homey Green Bedroom
When it comes to something warm and homey, this green bedroom is one of them. With soft and subtle greyish-green wall, a matching carpet, a black metal bed, an old-fashioned round lamp, two chairs, and an ottoman, you get the impression right away.
The chosen shade of green gives the impression of serenity. A bedroom with this arrangement is commonly found in country houses.
– With a room this small, the chairs and the ottoman have to go.
– The white table lamp on the bedside table is also too much, since the hanging one already radiates enough light and warmth in the room.
The Modern Green Bedroom with A Sci-fi Influence
This is another green bedroom with a sci-fi influence. Large and in a rectangular shape, you can see white tiles and wardrobe. The wardrobe is across from the green curtains hanging down, covering the windows. The bed is also a match to the curtains, but the neon green lines on the ceiling make the room more unique.
– The neon green lines on the ceiling really represent the sci-fi theme of the green bedroom.
– The rest is just a simple arrangement, perfect for those who prefer minimalistic style.
Aside from the unique artwork on the ceiling, the rest of the room looks rather bland and stiff. It needs more elements to emphasise on the sci-fi theme. For example: a poster of a sci-fi movie on the wall.
The Tropical-Themed Green Bedroom
If green is often associated with freshness and nature, then this tropical-themed bedroom is one of the examples. One wall behind your bed should be full of green plant motifs. (It is better to use a wallpaper for this.) More green elements can be seen in the curtains’, bedcover’s, and matching pillows’ outlines.
– The wallpapered part is already good enough to represent the tropical theme.
– The outlines on curtains and bedcovers are enough to add more green.
The hanging white lamp with chandelier on the ceiling looks a bit out of place with the whole bedroom arrangement. You might want to change that with a much simpler shape.
These are the 15 green bedroom ideas that are completely out of the box. If you can come up with something more unique than these, then it is your chance to get more creative for your own bedroom.